Wednesday 9 April 2014

Code Clubs 2nd Birthday Party

23:25 Posted by Unknown , , No comments
Just where have the 2 years gone. When the party was announced I knew I wanted to be there, but it was no simple hop across London for me. Trying to get there from Worcestershire means leaving early afternoon. Luckily I have relatives in Surrey so that gives me a place to stay overnight that isn't too far from London. So after a quick pit stop I was on a train London bound. An hour and a quarter later I was outside the Seven Dials Club, Earlham Street.

To chat with people I have met before and others I hadn't was great, such a wonderful melting pot of ideas. We all had experiences to share and some fantastic ideas were discussed. I know I chatted with loads of people but names have never been my strong point. It was also good to be reminded what Code Club had achieved in the last 12 months and see what they were planning for the next, it's definitely not going to be a year of standing still. With the new primary computing curriculum this autumn it's definitely going to be a very interesting time ahead.

But the evening wasn't all chat. There was some delicious large chocolate discs that contained popping candy sent over by Code Club Luxembourg, sandwiches, plenty of sweets, cupcakes and a free bar. Being projected on a screen there was a huge multi-ball game of pong written by a volunteer and controlled using a makey makey board and some playdough (I just love these boards, so many possibilities). Thanks go to Twilio who sponsored the event.

By the end of the evening I was darting back across London to get my train to Surrey, cupcake and sweets in hand, happy that I had been able to chat with so many people. A really enjoyable night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment